Friday, June 11, 2010

More From Madeline

AN E-MAIL FROM LINDA:

When I saw your post with you new big truck, I had to chuckle, because I just had a situation happen that involved a big truck and a mini donkey. I'll tell you - but you have to promise, no laughing.

On Monday night when I came home from work, as usual Ms. Madeline greeted me. She is such a loving little donkey as you know with her hugs. Well, I set my purse and keys down on the horse trailer fender and opened up the gate to come into her turnout. We played soccer, then with her big ball, we played chase and they we just stood for loves. At this point in her usual way she came in from behind me and like usual shot between my legs so now I had her head right in front of me as if I were riding her. We were up close to the big front gate in the turn out, and right up near the road in front of my house. We continued to stand this way, as I gave her lots of loves and kisses and pets, she was thrilled as I was looking down at her. Then all of a sudden I could hear a truck coming down the road, but could not see it and just as I looked up it was a big MDI eighteen wheeler dump truck that just let out his air brakes, which was quite the sound and scared the crap out of Madeline with her being still between my legs. She leaped up, which literally put me now atop her back, and bolted and bucked and well...........the story goes I flipped up in the air and down to the ground. You can stop laughing now, needless to say I was literally bucked off my mini donkey. Man, can she move!!! And of course, once I was on the ground beside her, she was right there to see me and so was the truck driver as he realized he had just scared the crap out the donkey and saw the whole thing. He wanted to make sure I was alright, which I was, more stunned then anything as neither of us was expecting this huge truck coming down the road and expelling his air brakes. He laughed and said, he has seen a lot of things in his days, but never has seen someone fly up in air like that and he had no clue it was a mini donkey as he had to ask if that was what she was. He said she was so small, he never saw her and only saw this women flying in the air and hit the ground.

So, when I saw your truck........ I had to chuckle, and now you know why.

Now, If you think that is funny, well, your going to love this one. The last Lone Ranger Ride over Memorial Day weekend, the Mr. in our house - Yes, David had a ride of his own with little Ms. Madeline. This is no joke and trust me, it was quite the site.

We were out on the trail, at lunch break, and our lunch break was at a stock pond. Pretty green grass, lots of tall trees, and just a beautiful day, their was 18 of us out of the trail this day. Well, we ate our lunch, then I decided to take Ms. Madeline over to the stock pond.....it had one of those build up tall berms around half of it so Madeline and I went a walking that direction, up the berm and once she saw the water in the pond, the brakes went on and she flat sat down!! Yep, this is something she does very well once the brakes go on and she looks so funny just sitting on the ground on her butt. Well, David came over to help get her up and over the big berm, only she was not going to go, and everyone in our group was laughing as Madeline the little mini donkey was saying nope not going, and us too were up on the berm trying to pull her up there. So we decided to walk further around the pond to where you did not have to climb up and down the berm to get to the pond, and now know one could see us.

Well, when Madeline saw the water, she started to put the brakes on and David pulled her as I pushed her.........then we got her to the water and tried to get her to just stand there while he held her rope, and I was now off to the side watching..... the little stinker all of a sudden leaped and shot through David's legs as he was facing her, which through him over her with his actually riding her with him facing her butt, and off she went and nothing he could do but hold on as he rode her backwards up and out of the pond and part way up the hill.......and the whole time I'm just laughing my backside off because he can't get off her.......so my usual sweet self asked him, "what the heck, you can't steer her riding her that way"......well, you know the look I got. Needless to say, once she did stop, he was able to get his footing and stand up and get off her as we both laughed and looked up and thankfully no one could see any of it as they were all on the other side of the berm. It was quite the site to see this big tall good looking cowboy, with his hat, boots and spurs on literally stuck where he was a riding her backwards up and out of a pond and up a hill and not a durn thing he could do about it, until she stopped. Later around the campfire that night we did share what happened and everyone was roaring wishing they had seen what was going on, on the other side of that berm.

So, It should be quite a weekend this weekend when we go to Clint's Well, especially with the number of water crossings in East Clear Creek....and Ms. Madeline. We truly do have lots of fun with her, she has quite the personality.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment