Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another E-mail

Wanted to ask you, at what age do you stop feeding Madeline the mare and foal? You might have told me but I don't remember if you did and figured I needed to find out how long she needs to be on it. She is so cute, she knows that when I get home from work she will get her mare and foal pellets, she has a little internal clock. What I've been doing so that I know she gets it all, is when I put the boys out in the pasture she goes in her playpen all by herself and I close the gate on her so she can eat her mare and foal. Then later when she comes out she has her Bermuda Blend pellets in the pasture along side of the goats. It's worked well that way.

This Friday night is her first big camp out trip. We will be heading out to Payson for the Lone Ranger Trail Ride at the Doll Baby Ranch in Payson and Madeline is going. She'll have to tell you all about it when she gets back.

David's mom came up from Queen Creek this last Sunday to see Madeline, she fell in love with her personality and just loved her. Karl Kandell from the Back Country Riders sight was with her and he just fell head over heels for Madeline and said she would love to play with his "kiwi", ..... get your mind out of the gutter......that is his baby donkey's name.

Linda

AND AFTER I RESPONDED SHE WROTE BACK:

Thanks for the info on the mare and foal, we also give her a baby scoop of the Dynamite plus which is vitamins and minerals in pellet form which she likes too. So when she does get weaned off the mare and foal she can still look forward to that.

And I'm sure my mom is excited about John Henry, although she has not told me yet that she bought him, only knew from you that she did.

No kidding on the Ms. Popular thing, Madeline surely is. She gets lots of neighbors stopping by to see her. And, some of the neighbors thought the mules had a baby....HA, not bad for a couple of Johns. We'll get lots of pictures of her first camp out.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment