Saturday, May 8, 2010

Trail Ride Up Spruce Mountain

Can you spot Madeline?

There's our girl!!!

Good morning kisses for Grandma! {Actually, it was more like "what treats have you got for me granny?" and she was right, I did bring her a couple of horsie cookies!
She looks SO MUCH like her dad in this picture! {And no I don't mean David lol}

Big brother Gus wondering why all the fuss over lil sis?

Bye for now Madeline, I have to go get breakfast and tack up my horse for the ride! See you in a bit...

Waiting at the gathering spot for the slowpokes to be ready to go...

Reggie is wondering what kind of dog IS THAT that Linda has?

And off we go down the trail...

I could really see the locking right as we left camp but within a minute or so Madeline was moving along nicely! I wish I had thought to video both so that you could see too...

I did get a couple of videos and once they have been processed through my computer I will add them here :)

We did quite a bit of chatting as we rode about Madeline's condition and her treatment. I wish I had a better memory... one thing that did "stick" in my mind (no pun intended) was that if the surgery to cut the ligament is done, the equine can no longer stand up to sleep. With Madeline's young age, that is one reason that the vet felt strongly about trying the injection treatment, and the exercise and stretching, before jumping right to surgery.
Switched off to dad and Earl...

Madeline much happer NEXT TO Earl instead of behind him - see that tail swishin'? When she was behind him, it kept getting my lil darlin' right in the face! You could almost hear her say "Hey I am NOT a fly!"

Lunch stop on the trail and I got someone else to take my camera and get a couple shots of me and my grand-donkey - thanks Vikki!

David saw me doing this and said "Uh oh, BAD HABITS!" But Madeline took her piece of carrot very nicely :)

Coming down the hill on the way back to camp... Madeline did great all day! You can tell she really enjoys being with her folks!!


I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this trail ride with our girl! The stories and pictures that Linda is so good about sending are wonderful of course, but being there was fantastic! I love all of my grand-donkeys, of course, but this one is just extra-special!!

Hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment